Lines for Running Rigging

I am so lost when it comes to selecting lines for running rigging. How and where do I even begin?

Comments

• Most of the rope sellers offer information about the length and size of the lines, for your specific boat.

I recently bought mine at cajunrope.com

• If you're lucky enough to live near a West Marine with a Rigging Shop then they will Help! They'll ask questions about you and your boat to determine the best line for your boat and your type of sailing (racing, cruising, day sailing) If not, then you can go to the manufacturers websites that West Marine carries (New England Ropes, Samson, Robline, and more). They all have info on what types of line for what type of sailing based on those same questions.

• The people at the West Marine Rigging shops are incredible. You dont necessarily need to live near a rigging shop either. They have the exact specs for most all boats and if they don't, the custom work they do is second to none. We've been using them for our family boat for over 2 decades now.

• I have recently bought a Catalina Capri 14.2 which has sat in a garage for 17 years. The lines are degraded and kind of ratty looking. Could you send a list of what I need to replace all of them, from halyards to lines for the centerboard and more? Thank you SO much.

Laurie

• Yes you can send your rigging to 860 Marine Dr. Rock Hill SC 29730. Make sure you write rigging on the box so it can be identified quickly.