Lets see those battery longevity tips.

Does anyone have any battery longevity tips with the new battery technology coming out?

Comments

• Avoid fast charging. Marine batteries work best wil a slow charge and unplug it when the charge is complete. Avoid storing your batteries in freezing temps, overcharging and undercharging are both bad for marine batteries. Charge after every use. If you are going to store the battery in the off season, make sure it has a full charge before you do. I'm not sure if its true or not but I also store my batteries on a wood board. When I was a kid, my dad told me that leaving batteries on concrete is bad for them and I never questioned it or looked into if it's true or not. So its just something ive done my whole life.

• @drunkensailor A room temp battery is always going to last the longest. I know that's not always possible but it's something to think about when storing or placing your battery box. Also speaking of new technology, regarding lithium batteries, a smart charger is going to be the best investment there. They know how much to discharge, and charger without over-charging. Some even have a repair mode and can give your lithium battery extra life.