The Best Offshore Fish Finder

I am looking for an offshore fish finder. Does anyone have any pros or cons between Lawrence, Garmin or any of the off brand ones I'm finding on amazon?

Comments

• I have a Garmin ECHOMAP UHD touch screen fish finder/chartplotter combo. It has a 9" screen and is very visible in bright sun. It hits all depths accurately. Don't waste your money on an Amazon off brand one. They don't last and have a lot of issues with interference. I'm a fan of Garmin but I know plenty of people who would say Lowrance is more reliable.

• If you are looking to save a little money, Lowrance models are usually a bit more affordable. If you want all the bells and whistles and are a tech nerd, most garmin fish finders have a lot of tunable features to cater to your fishing type.

• You really cant go wrong with Lowrance or Garmin Fish finder/chart plotters. I'm a fan of Garmin because of the ease of use and the brightness of the display. If you ask me, Garmin's Livescope is just a little more advanced than the Lowrance LiveView. It uses a more narrow beam which might not be as effective when it comes to searching for fish, but it's much better when it comes to identifying targets and structure. I also love the navigation maps that Garmin offers.