Stabilized Binoculars

In need of some Binocular advice. I've been looking at the Fujinon Techno-Stabi stabilized binoculars. I've heard great things and seen good reviews. Naturally I assume these will be leagues above anything else I've used on my boat but the cost is pretty high. Does anyone have any first hand experience using stabilizing binos on a boat?

Comments

• I have had A set of stabilizing binoculars from Cannon as well as my latest pair which is Fujinon. They work amazingly well, especially on a boat. The Fujinon work better on the boat than then Cannon binoculars do however the Cannon stabilizing binoculars work better when I am on a solid surface that is not moving. They are better if you have shaky hands. The Fujinon binoculars work very weak thanks to their state-of-the-art motion sensors that drive motors to keep a continuously stabilized image. The lenses are crisp and clear. Power consumption is low and the batteries last a long time. The Fujinon binoculars are completely waterproof too! Excellent binos that I would definitely recommend for your first pair of image stabilizing binoculars.

• If you had your last set for 20 years you understand the value of the investment. Steiner Commander Binoculars with the auto focus and built in compass are incredible. I have a set of Swarovski binoculars that I use for bird watching and mountain trips but these are hands down the best for my boat. The auto acquisition and ranging is key and I make great use of the compass features. The have a lifetime warranty and are waterproof. The illuminated compass is the key feature here though. It makes ranging so easy, pair that with unparalleled optics and you have the best marine binoculars you can get for your boat.

• @Invincible46Cat Get yourself a Seakeeper gyro and save some money on non-stabilized binoculars... hahah jkjk I tried some stabilized binoculars and in my opinion, A better quality lens on a non-stabilized binocular is more beneficial than spending the money on the stabilization for navigational purposes. If you are maybe birdwatching from a boat on choppy water, I could see that being easier. Staring at the same image for a long period of time can get tough.