How To Remove Water Spots From Electronics Screens

I have these very annoying water spots on my screens that I am looking for a solution on removing without damaging the screens. Does anyone have any solutions that work for them? I have already tried the recommended technique by Simrad which is a microfiber cloth and distilled water... This didn't even touch the water spots. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Sadly, I'm in the same situation. I have tried everything, even Flitz and it didn't work. Following...

• Try white distilled vinegar to clean your electronics screens. Use a micro fiber cloth and some elbow grease. It may take 3-4 tries but it will get a little better each and every time until you don't notice the water spots at all.

• Distilled white vinegar works.

• edited November 16

Try the spray cleaner Hot Sauce! It smells like vinegar but it also has some other mild cleaners in it and it has a protectant as well. It works on all surfaces. Make sure that there is no salt on your screen before you clean them and use a microfiber cloth. Spray the cloth, not the screen.

• Toothpaste works pretty well. Make sure its not whitening toothpaste and has zero grit to it. Just regular old basic toothpaste and a rag. Then wipe it with a clean microfiber cloth.

• Be careful if you use Flitz, I have seen reviews that it will remove any protective coatings on your screens. I have tried Flitz, Vinegar, CLR and a detailers spot remover.... Nothing has worked.

• They are harder to find these days but if you can find some newspaper, try to wet newspaper with distilled vinegar before you wipe with your thick micro fiber cloth. It is slightly more abrasive but not so much that it will scratch your screen at all. This is an old trick thats worked for me for years.

• Has anyone tried the Meguiars extreme water spot detailer? The description says this water spot cleaner is used for glass and has some good reviews. I am partial to trying this because I don't want to remove any protective layers on my screens. This stuff also ads a polymer protection coating. My biggest concern is scratching my screens or removing any protective layers. I don't want to remove the spots only to have them come back worse my next trip out.